20 January, 2007

Wind in spite of the 5 spruces
Living on a hill we get a lot of wind! Many people who have lived in this area longer than I talk about their memories of wind at my house. Several of them delivered coal or oil here at one time. To hear them talk about it you'd think the house is perpetually hit with gale force winds and blizzard conditions.
It is not always windy, but usually if there is wind it is here in force. The wind has hit the house hard enough that we can feel it move and hear the china rattle. Really!!!

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Karen, you live in a BEAUTIFUL area. I enjoyed skimming through your photos. I'll check back more often.

kmjrose said...

It is a beautiful area! I am finding that I appreciate it anew since I ahve to find something to photograph every day! I am still catching up, so more photos are on the way. Thanks for visiting.

Kristine said...

Karen, it's beginning to surprise me how much VERMONT in winter looks like my area in COLORADO--where it's supposed to be the "alpine desert"!!!! (Really!)