03 January, 2007

January Full Moon-about 5 pm
Well, this picture doesn't do a winter full moon night justice, but since I haven't learned how to use my camera on manual yet it will have to do!
This view is from my porch, looking toward the barn. In the Jan. 1 picture of the horses I was looking the opposite direction, with my back to the barn.
Full moon winter nights are beautiful. When there is snow on the ground the fields are almost daylight bright. Tonight there is a crust of ice on the snow so the moonlight streams across it.
I love seeing the moon rise over the barn and the field behind it. At this time of year I often have to feed my horses and sheep in the dark, and it is nice to have moonlight to see by. I do take a flashlight to the barn though, because there is a skunk who lives nearby and I really don't want to be surprised or surprise her/him!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful photos! I love the moon picture. I tried to get one last night as well but I couldn't get it to come out that well.

berrypatch said...

I'm with you! I love the full moon at night. Great photo! :-) Lisa in ME