23 April, 2007


Welcome to the world, Shadows End Clove!
Little Clove was the first Shetland lamb born here, and the first lamb of the year.
She will be 2 weeks old on Wed. and is really doing well. You can see a bit of her mother's fleece in the background on the left.
This picture was taken when Clove was less than a day old.
The best part was that I got to see her being born! it was amazing. That little lamb came out head first, landed on the ground with a thump and a splash and soon thereafter was being cleaned up and was trying to stand. It was not long before she was following her mother around on wobbly little legs. So sweet.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, Karen, how cute. I love the little lambs. We had goats and they were cute, but not as cute as lambs. How many sheep do you have?

Cynthia said...

I love all the little babies that are born in the spring! How sweet that you were able to be there to welcome this little one into the world! We keep trying to get our kids out to see one of the calves being born this spring, but so far we haven't been home when dh's cousin has called us to come! Maybe one of these days.
Cynthia from SHS

berrypatch said...

Adorable!!!!!!

kmjrose said...

We now have 13 adult sheep, and 4 babies! I'll post more baby pictures this weekend.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness . .. how sweet!!!

Amico Dio said...

I am in awe... you have some beautiful pictures!

I love the ones of the little lamb!

kmjrose said...

Thanks, Amy! I am going to post more pictures soon cathc up on spring and go back and relive some of the winter. I will put on more lambs--they are so darling!

Kathy in WA said...

Wow - how sweet! Nice to see you posting again. :) I didn't know you all had that many sheep. How interesting. We certainly are a diverse group over at the SHS loop, aren't we. Ha!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Darling!