28 June, 2007

SHS loop-mates meet!!

Last week my ds and I had the great pleasure of meeting our Cynthia and her two dd's for dinner. We talked so long that her dh called to see when she would be home. I hope he didn't worry that she'd met with a nut from the internet.

Anyway, it was a great time! It is such fun to meet cyber friends for real.

Thanks for getting together with us, Cynthia and dd's!!

Note--date is the date we got together. I like to do it that way so that I remember things in the right sequence. That is why when it rains here I will post pictures from February. I don't want to spend that much time on a beautiful day. They are too few and far between. Cynthia on left, Karen on right.

8 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! It's always fun to meet a SHS friend!

Debbie said...

How cool is that! Nice photo gals.

Cynthia said...

It IS a lot of FUN to meet loopie friends. Nope.. dh wasn't worried about whether I'd met up with a "nut case" or not (LOL). He just wanted to know when I'd be home to get the boys (LOL)! He's pretty much used to me meeting up with people from the internet... we even stayed the night with Lisa from FL and we'd never ever met her before either.. I had emailed her quite a few times and we had talked on the phone adn that was good enough for me (LOL)! I didn't even give it a 2nd thought until some family members (who were traveling with us) started to question whether that was really a good idea (LOL). I'm working my way backwards and will be posting a picture of our meeting on my blog VERY SOON! I see you beat me to it!

Kathy in WA said...

How fun! My family wonders about my SHS "friends" as well. Ha! Lovely pictures of you two.

Lisa in Jax said...

*snort* I never even considered it unusual until one of my Miami friends questioned me.LOL I just told them but I KNOW her!LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Hmmm....your restaurant looks nicer than the BK we always meet at. LOL

Hanley Family said...

How gorgeous! I loved the sunset over the mountains in CO, too. Don't get that here in Nebraska!

Kristine said...

I've met several SHSers now. It was scary in the beginning, and dh thought I was crazy. He doesn't think that anymore--I think the only SHSer he's met is Kathleen and her family--and he enjoyed them very much!