02 May, 2012

Godspeed, Hot Scotch

(See photo-scroll down on left)


Hi, All,
The beautiful deadgrass girl I adopted what? 8 years ago, Hot Scotch, died today in my lap and arms. The last words she heard were  "good dog." I am glad for that. She is buried under two maple trees, between two predecessors, one my first, and only other Chessie.

Hot Scotch came to me at age 4 by plane from IL. She was terrified, barking and snarling at everyone from her crate! She had "issues," she peed all the time, all over, for reasons no one ever figured out. That was not great, but she was my dog, and I had made a promise to her. She fought other dogs, but got along with one of the other residents, and later the other, but not both at once. She was incredibly soft and absolutely beautiful. When she first came I played ball with her endlessly, and she played along dutifully, but one day just quit and never ran after a ball again! She did not like to swim, but loved to run in the fields. She was so afraid that she did not look into my face for two years after she arrived here. But this final day she looked in my face, as she has often after those first years, with her beautiful, soft, golden Chessie eyes. 
Godspeed, Hot Scotch, you were much loved and you will be much missed, but you need hurt nor panic any more.
(She probably had cancer, went to the brain, serious and terrifying seizures all last night. It was her time)
Thank you to this organization (Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief and Rescue)  for allowing me the gift of my beautiful girl.
Karen in VT



post signature

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Ah, so sad :(. Sorry for your loss!